Pirates! Police! Stolen goods! Drugs! Cats! Everything will turn out right as Sam and Bill revisit:
We welcome our first guest, actress and über-nerd Dawn Krosnowski, to the podcast! We crack open our first snack item, enjoy some classic animation, and Sam hops on the Grand Funk Railroad.
- The Heavy Metal soundtrack
- The Smurfs episode “The Fake Smurf”
- The Rankin-Bass version of The Hobbit
Misers, helicopter heroes, New Romantic fops, and 12 year old gangsters. Just another episode of Aging Poorly as we cover:
- ABC’s How to Be a… Zillionaire
- Activision’s H.E.R.O.
- The Jack Benny Program
- Bugsy Malone
Sam mentions The Limey Dragon’s “Let’s Play” video. Here it is!
Sam and Bill start the new year with a discussion of the most ephemeral of the past: variety shows, late night television, and of course, watermelon fucking on prime time TV in the 70s.
- Webb Wilder, Private Eye “The Saucer’s Reign”
- The Bionic Watermelon skit from The Captain and Tennille variety show
- Violent Femmes, Violent Femmes
And so we bid farewell to 2016 with a short episode featuring outtakes from previous episodes. We have a great slate set up for 2017, including some amazing guests, and more of what you tune in for—two old guys complaining about their childhood. Hurrah!
Happy Holidays! Sam and Bill open a vat of Christmas cheer with their takes on:
- Will Vinton’s Claymation Christmas Celebration
- Wonderful Christmas Time/The Beatles’ Everywhere It’s Christmas
- The Lobo Paramilitary Christmas Special (and the video thereof)
- The Caroleer’s Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
It’s Thanksgiving! And what a better time than to sit down with Sam and Bill, bow your head, and listen to a backwards prayer to a dude in red tights with a goatee, horns, and a trident. No, not Sam.
We sacrifice ourselves on the altar of podcasting to:
- Jack Chick (RIP)
- Mötley Crüe’s Shout at the Devil
- Rona Jaffe’s Mazes and Monsters
Oh boy… Strap yourselves in, gang, because we have a long discussion of Meatballs. Like, as long as you think we could talk about Meatballs? Double that. Seriously. This is the freaking Mozart aria of Meatballs.
- Square One TV
- Mystery Men (1999)
- Oh, and did I mention we talk about Meatballs (1979, dir. Ivan Reitman)?
Sam and Bill were both killed in a tragic clown-carnival-related accident but have risen from the grave to bring you this spooktacular episode! They take on
- Witch’s Night Out
- The Lost Boys soundtrack
- “The Hitch-Hiker” episode of The Twilight Zone
- The original Friday the 13th